Young chess players from Muskego and New Berlin did well up against players from Brookfield, Pewaukee and other areas, placing in all three age categories in an annual tournament.
The tournament, hosted recently at Lake Denoon Middle School in Muskego, was run by the International Academy of Chess. The competition attracted 85 players in age categories from kindergarten to third grade; for ages up to sixth grade; and for those up to 12th grade.
The first through third place winners are:
For the youngest category of players:
- Ethan Lian of Elmwood Elementary School in New Berlin
- Karthic Anand of Burleigh Elementary, Brookfield
- Jatin Gummadi, Burleigh Elementary, Brookfield
For up to sixth grade:
- Logan O'Leary, Mill Valley Elementary, Muskego
- Jind Kaur, University School of Milwaukee, Mequon
- Manzoor Mohis, Elmwood Elementary, New Berlin
For up to grade 12:
- Kyle Jain. Brookfield Academy, Brookfield
- Will Schantz, Muskego High School
- Pranav Iyer, Robinwood Elementary, Franklin